Down Grange Meadow

Our largest site, Down Grange Meadow is a literally a “Brown Field” Site. It was farmed from Enclosure in the early 1800’s through to 1974 when it was compulsorily purchased by the council as amenity green space for the then expanding suburb of Kempshott.

 

The site is 16 acres (6.5 hectares) is textent and comprises 10 acres (4 hectares) of grassland plus 6 acres (2.5 hectares) of woodland, spiney and plantation